Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloween!

We had quite an ardeal trying to get Mallory to decide on a costume this year. I think that in the beginning she thought that she had to be the same thing she was last year, a bumble bee. Then she changed to a butterfly princess, then a dinosaur, then a bee again! Exhausting! So we finally ended on a purple dinosaur and no, not Barney! Then there's good old Michael, who is pretty clueless and got to be whatever I chose. I got him a very cute puppy outfit with big floppy ears! About an hour before we were going to leave I tried the costume on Mallory and it fit. Great, try on Michael's, not so good! Someone had put a 6-12 month costume in an 18-24 month package! And boy was he mad that I couldn't get that thing on him! So we run to Walmart where I proceed to buy him the wrong sized costume again! I'm losing my mind! With 8 people in front of me, 1 person working customer service, and Brian and the kids in the car I gave up! I retreated to the car irate and nearly in tears! Brian took us all home and went back to get him a right sized costume and this is what we ended up with!

We got both of them dressed and ready to go and headed to the neighbor's house. They were a hit! Until Michael went running down the driveway as I tried to get them into the car and wiped out in the street scraping up his chin and bloodying his finger! He spent the rest of the night in a stroller! Better luck next year I guess!

1 comment:

  1. Atleast they got to go. Trystan was sick on Friday and we kept her home. We felt so bad for her that we made the mistake of bundling her up to watch the famous Edwardsville Halloween Parade on Saturday(no one Trick or Treats in this town on Halloween)...she's finally getting over the fever/couch/runny nose today!!!

    ReplyDelete